CD/Radio change with DIN type

Go down

CD/Radio change with DIN type

Post by timmy toad on Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:31 am

I think i have the correct name there, DIN it was once upon a time the name for a Standard sized aperture in a dashboard to accomodate a Radio which over the years have got more juicy than just an ordinary radio !.

Anyway i see a lot, if not all of the current crop of cars have the Radio as part of the dashboard, so i have to ask is it easy (and cheap) to get the bits to enable me to put my really juicy DIN CD/Radio into my MERIVA 53reg Enjoy dashboard.

The spec of a Radio I want to put in has far more features than the standard Radio/CD, such as USB socket and WMA/MP3 capabilty etc.

tim

timmy toad
Expression
Expression

Posts : 13
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 71
Location : flitwick, beds

http://www.timparsons.net

Back to top Go down

Re: CD/Radio change with DIN type

Post by George Doors on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:21 pm

yes it is possible mate

i have a double din in my astra and i know a few have replaced theirs with similar units to yours...

you will just need the correct fitting kit for the radio and your car and possible a facia surround..

all will be available from any audio shop or online..

_________________
avatar
George Doors
Admin
Admin

Posts : 399
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2009-10-24
Age : 43
Location : warrington

Back to top Go down

Re: CD/Radio change with DIN type

Post by timmy toad on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:28 pm

cheers buddy thanks for that valuable info, i know just the place where i will find a proper car audio shop, ICE they call it nowadays LOL. in the middle of Luton !, they should know about Vauxhalls !!!!

tim

timmy toad
Expression
Expression

Posts : 13
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 71
Location : flitwick, beds

http://www.timparsons.net

Back to top Go down

Re: CD/Radio change with DIN type

Post by George Doors on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:28 pm

no worries Tim


let us know how u get on

_________________
avatar
George Doors
Admin
Admin

Posts : 399
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2009-10-24
Age : 43
Location : warrington

Back to top Go down

Re: CD/Radio change with DIN type

Post by vinny_69 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:10 pm

timmy toad wrote:cheers buddy thanks for that valuable info, i know just the place where i will find a proper car audio shop, ICE they call it nowadays LOL. in the middle of Luton !, they should know about Vauxhalls !!!!

tim

since all the motorist centres have shut down round here you have one bad choice to be honest Halfraduds or if you dont fancy getting shafted ebay and maybe even lmf or something like that
avatar
vinny_69
Life
Life

Posts : 146
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 38
Location : Luton

http://www.vq9.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: CD/Radio change with DIN type

Post by timmy toad on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:05 am

vinny_69 wrote:
timmy toad wrote:cheers buddy thanks for that valuable info, i know just the place where i will find a proper car audio shop, ICE they call it nowadays LOL. in the middle of Luton !, they should know about Vauxhalls !!!!

tim

since all the motorist centres have shut down round here you have one bad choice to be honest Halfraduds or if you dont fancy getting shafted ebay and maybe even lmf or something like that

OOOO eeerrrrr, thanks Vinny, the place i am thinking of may well be shut down, you may know of it, it is down the end of a road called Kingsway, off of the main road between the M1 and Bury park, you go down kingsway and it on the right where you turn right at the bottom (where it goes to watford electronics in FinWay). I think that is the correct road anyway. I dont get the motor until the end of the month.

tim

timmy toad
Expression
Expression

Posts : 13
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 71
Location : flitwick, beds

http://www.timparsons.net

Back to top Go down

Re: CD/Radio change with DIN type

Post by timmy toad on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:08 am

George Doors wrote:no worries Tim


let us know how u get on

Yeah I certainly hope to, let you know how i get on.

tim

timmy toad
Expression
Expression

Posts : 13
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 71
Location : flitwick, beds

http://www.timparsons.net

Back to top Go down

Re: CD/Radio change with DIN type

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum